Portland Community College is recruiting for an Automotive Service Technology – Service Writer supporting the Automotive Service Technology program on the Sylvania Campus. This program offers students the opportunity to become a skilled automotive service technician, providing them with the fundamental skills necessary to succeed in an ever changing and challenging industry. This position is working in an educational setting with students and helping to train the next Automotive Service Technicians for industry needs.
The ASE Education Foundation, an arm of the industry certifying body, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), accredits both our degree and certificate.
PCC serves nearly 90,000 full-time and part-time students, from all walks of life in the Portland area. We are committed to a culture which values human diversity and cultural competency for our students, our employees, and our partners.
Work hours are Monday-Friday 6 am-3 pm.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/classified-jobs/ist-4/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
In your cover letter, please state in detail how you meet the job success, minimum and preferred qualifications for this position.
- A commitment to the community college mission.
- A demonstrated commitment to working, thriving, and continuing to learn within an institution that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and listening skills.
- A collaborative and appreciative working style that balances the need to build teamwork and consensus with an ability to work independently to get things done.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of post-secondary education in Automotive Repair plus three years of experience as an automotive repair technician, including experience with service writer software OR five years of experience as an automotive repair technician, including experience with service writer software.
- Communication skills adequate to assist students in understanding the work they are to perform and ability to lead others.
- ASE certifications or the ability to obtain or recertify within 9 months.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience, personal or professional, in designing, planning and fabricating metal, wood or other projects from scratch. Please provide examples.
- Current retail sales experience including writing estimates, repair orders and closing/reconciling invoices.
- Recent experience in general accounting including accounts receivable, accounts payable and budget/invoice reconciliation.
- ASE Master Certification.
- Intermediate knowledge/skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Google apps, email and multiline VOIP phones.
Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
For additional information and to apply, please visit https://pcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=10&c=pcc&id=371
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.